Costa Mesa Home Selling Tips – First Impressions
You’ve probably heard at least a thousand times that first impressions are important. When you sell your Costa Mesa home, they are even more important. If a buyer doesn’t choose to look inside your home, then they will not likely buy it.
Today, the large majority of buyers are looking online, if they don’t see a home that sparks their interest in the pictures, they will probably not get any farther. If for whatever reason, the Costa Mesa home passes the online viewing test, and they get to your house and don’t like, they still may not come inside.
I have had several buyers over the years who have said to me when we pulled up, and they saw the home for the first time, “Never mind. I don’t want to see it.”
So, what can you do to make the best first impression with your Costa Mesa home?
- Touch up the paint on trim, doors, fascia.
- Cut back overgrown shrubbery.
- Color flowers can add to the effect; plant new ones if needed.
- Replace cracked or broken window panes.
- Clean all windows inside and outside.
- Sweep front walk, sidewalk, driveway.
- Power wash houe and/or driveway if needed.
- Inspect roof for necessary repairs and replace broken shingles.
- Clean up the front yard. There shouldn’t be toys, cars, etc. littering the frontyard.
- Mend and paint fences, if needed.
- Mow, edge and weed lawn as needed until home is sold.
- Repair and/or replace doorbell and/or door hardware if necessary.
- Make sure house number is easy to read.
For more Costa Mesa Home selling tips please see below and call Christine Donovan at 714-319-9751.