Last Minute Valentine’s Day Ideas in Newport Beach
Looking for some last minute Valentine’s Day ideas? You’ve come to the right place.
Newport Beach offers numerous restaurants with waterfront views that are just perfect for Valentine’s Day romance, and we have different “packages” for the love in your life.
The romantic getaway:
- For the gentleman looking to win the heart of that special lady, a stop at William Harold Jewelers is a must. This family-owned jewelry store at the base of Lido Island has a friendly, knowledgeable staff who will help the happy couple find that perfect new piece of sparkle.
After the sparkles, be sure to stop by A Little Touch of Heaven. Your sweetheart will be glowing and wonderfully relaxed after a facial and ready for the next step in your perfect romantic Valentine’s Day.
- Follow up the gift giving and relaxation with a romantic gondola ride through Newport Harbor. Gondola Company of Newport Beach will row you while you enjoy sparkling cider, cheeses, views, and romance!
- With the romance at an all time high, you can now take your love to one of the many great restaurants in the area.Villa Nova Restaurant is a Newport Beach tradition, serving up romantic dinners and views since 1933. Call fast to get a reservation! If you cannot book at Villa Nova, you might also consider dinner at Newport Landing or Bluewater Grill. Both of these wonderful restaurants have great bay views for you and your loved one to enjoy over dinner.
For the adventurous spirit:
- Do you wish you could ‘get out of town’ and enjoy all of the natural beauty that Newport Beach has to offer? Start the afternoon with a hike through the spectacular Back Bay. This estuary encompasses nearly 1000 acres and is a refuge to over 2,000 species of birds and other marine wildlife.
- If you prefer, you can also kayak through the Back Bay. There is nothing better than getting out on the open water to see
the shoreline from a kayak. Head over to Southwind Kayaks to pick up a tandem kayak. What a wonderful way to enjoy
some sun, get some exercise, and get an unparalleled up close view of the many beautiful homes and boats along
- Now that you and your love have burned off quite a few calories, you won’t fill guilty replenishing them at Newport Beach Brewing Company. The award winning brews found at Newport Beach Brewing Company offer fantastic tastes that will not be matched anywhere. The restaurant is located in the historic Cannery Village on the Balboa Peninsula, and offers a relaxed and friendly atmosphere for you to explore what’s on tap.
For fun lovers:
- Forget the stomach. Instead, win the heart through laughter. Start off your day at the Balboa Fun Zone on the peninsula. Drop some quarters in the arcade with a challenging game of skee ball where the winner gets a kiss (who can lose on that deal?).
- After a challenging game of skee ball, head to the boardwalk and stop at Balboa Beach Treats for a Balboa Bar, another of Newport Beach’s best traditions. This yummy treat features ice cream covered in melted chocolate and then rolled in your choice of toppings. It’s Valentine’s Day after all, so there’s no reason to wait for dessert!
- Now cross to the ocean side of the peninsula and eat your Balboa Bar in Peninsula Park, overlooking the Pacific and Balboa Pier. When you’re done with your chocolate treat, be sure to walk out to the end of the Balboa Pier and enjoy the fantastic views of the surf and shoreline. Don’t forget to take a break from the ocean views to look into your sweetheart’s eyes and say “I love you”!
Regardless of what kind of Valentine’s Day date you have in mind, there are so many great ways to experience the true Newport Beach, CA. There is no better place to take in the great views, fantastic food, and memories that will last a lifetime!
Please stop back by after Valentine’s Day and let us know what type of Valentine’s Day you chose. If you have any other suggestions for Valentine’s Day in Newport Beach or nearby areas, please leave them in the comments below as our readers will appreciate them.
- William Harold Jewelers, 3116 Newport Blvd, Newport Beach, CA 949.673.0365
- Gondola Company of Newport, 3400 Via Oporto Suite #103, Newport Beach, CA 949.675.1212
- Villa Nova Restaurant, 3131 W Coast Highway, Newport Beach, CA
- Newport Landing Restaurant, 503 E Edgewater Ave, Newport Beach, CA 949.675.2373
- Bluewater Grill Restaurant, 630 Lido Park Drive, Newport Beach, CA 949.675.3474
- Back Bay Science Center, 600 Shellmaker Road, Newport Beach, CA 949.640.9959
- Southwind Kayaks, near 100 N Bayside Drive, Newport Beach, CA 949.261.0200
- Newport Beach Brewing Company, 2920 Newport Blvd, Newport Beach, CA 949-675-8449
- Balboa Fun Zone, 600 East Bay Avenue, Newport Beach, CA 949.673.0408
- Balboa Beach Treats, 705 ½ E Edgewater Ave, Newport Beach, CA 949.723.5701
- Balboa Pier, 801 Ocean Front, Newport Beach, CA