Valentine’s Day in Newport Beach – 3 Separate Ideas
This is a great guide for those who would like to take that special someone to Newport Beach, CA on Valentine’s Day.
Obviously there are a great number of nice restaurants to have dinner at, with great entertainment and even ocean views to enjoy. But for this guide, we are going to look at 3 distinctly different approaches to having a great time in Newport Beach on Valentine’s Day.
The romantic getaway:
- For the gentleman looking to win the heart of that special lady, a stop at William Harold Jewelers is a must. The staff
at the family-owned Harold’s are very friendly and they have a tremendous amount of experience with helping happy couples find the perfect sparkle to add to any occasion.
- After the sparkles, give the gift of relaxation with a certificate to A Little Touch of Heaven. Your sweetheart will be relax glowing after a facial and ready for the next step in the perfect romantic Valentine’s Day.
- Follow up the gift giving with a romantic gondola ride through Newport Harbor. Gondola Company of Newport Beach will row you through the canals for an hour while you enjoy sparkling cider, cheeses, views, and romance!
- With the romance at an all time high, you can now take your love to one of the many great restaurants in the area.Villa Nova Restaurant is a Newport Beach tradition, serving up romantic dinners and views since 1933. Call fast to get a reservation! If you cannot book at Villa Nova, take a look at Newport Landing or Bluewater Grill. Both of these fantastic alternatives have great bay views for you to enjoy over dinner.
The adventurous spirit:
- For those who would like to ‘get out of town’ and enjoy the natural beauty that Newport Beach has to offer, start in the afternoon with a hike through the amazing Back Bay. This estuary encompasses nearly 1000 acres that are refuge
to 2,000+ species of birds and other marine wildlife.
- Once you’ve seen the great views in the Back Bay, there is nothing better than getting out on the open water to see
the shoreline from a kayak. Head over to Southwind Kayaks to pick up a tandem kayak. This is a great way to enjoy
some sun, get some exercise, and get an unparalleled up close view of the many beautiful homes and boats along
- You and your love have burned off quite a few calories so far, now it’s time to replenish them at Newport Beach Brewing Company. The award winning brews found at Newport Beach Brewing Company offer fantastic tastes that will not be matched anywhere. The restaurant is located in the historic Cannery Village on the Balboa Peninsula, and offers a relaxed and friendly atmosphere for you to explore what’s on tap.
The fun lovers:
- A great way to win the heart is through laughter. Start off the day at the Balboa Fun Zone on the peninsula. Drop some quarters in the arcade with a challenging game of skee ball where the winner gets a kiss (nobody really loses on that deal!).
- Head to the boardwalk and stop at Balboa Beach Treats for a Balboa Bar, another of Newport Beach’s best traditions. This treat features yummy ice cream covered in gooey chocolate and then rolled in your choice of toppings. It’s Valentine’s Day after all, so there’s no reason to wait for dessert!
- Now cross 2 blocks to the ocean side of the peninsula and eat your Balboa Bar in Peninsula Park, overlooking the Pacific and Balboa Pier. When you’re done with your chocolaty treat, walk out to the end of the Balboa Pier to enjoy fantastic views of the surf and shoreline. Be sure to take a break from the ocean views
to look into your sweetheart’s eyes and say “I love you”!
No matter what type of Valentine’s Day date you have in mind, these are some great ways to experience the true Newport Beach, CA. There is no better place to take in the great views, fantastic food, and memories that will last a lifetime!
Please stop back by after Valentine’s Day and let us know what type of Valentine’s Day you chose. If you have any other suggestions for Valentine’s Day in Newport Beach or nearby areas, please leave them in the comments below as our readers will appreciate them.
- William Harold Jewelers, 3116 Newport Blvd, Newport Beach, CA 949.673.0365
- Gondola Company of Newport, 3400 Via Oporto Suite #103, Newport Beach, CA 949.675.1212
- Villa Nova Restaurant, 3131 W Coast Highway, Newport Beach, CA
- Newport Landing Restaurant, 503 E Edgewater Ave, Newport Beach, CA 949.675.2373
- Bluewater Grill Restaurant, 630 Lido Park Drive, Newport Beach, CA 949.675.3474
- Back Bay Science Center, 600 Shellmaker Road, Newport Beach, CA 949.640.9959
- Southwind Kayaks, near 100 N Bayside Drive, Newport Beach, CA 949.261.0200
- Newport Beach Brewing Company, 2920 Newport Blvd, Newport Beach, CA 949-675-8449
- Balboa Fun Zone, 600 East Bay Avenue, Newport Beach, CA 949.673.0408
- Balboa Beach Treats, 705 ½ E Edgewater Ave, Newport Beach, CA 949.723.5701
- Balboa Pier, 801 Ocean Front, Newport Beach, CA