Why Should I Care if My Post is Featured?
Many consider a Featured Post the ultimate achievment or gold star on Active Rain, but why should I care if I get a little gold star?
The answer is, it depends. It depends on what you are trying to accomplish.
If you want:
- More eyeballs on your blog and posts
- More visitors
- New subscribers
- Active Rain points
- To get your name “out there”
- Acknowledgment that you did a great job
- Many of in the industry are extroverts who just like to know people like us
When might it not matter as much:
- Localism posts designed to bring local consumers to your blog
- Posts written to strengthen your SEO (search engine optimization)
- Posts written to show you are an expert in your niche
So, should you care? I know that I have enjoyed each my little gold stars. It makes my heart go pitter pat, and I enjoy the recognition and all of the comments.
However, the biggest prize I have gotten from blogging on Active Rain is not the little gold stars. It is the knowledge of how to improve myself and my knowledge and how to use SEO and blogging to get my website to the top of the search engines. This has resulted in a great deal of business and helped me to continue in the real estate industry while many others have had to find another vocation.
So, do I care if I get a little gold star? You bet I do! But, when I don’t, I know that I have strengthened my online my presense and taken one more step toward my next client.
If you’re wondering what a featured post is, go to the home page of Active Rain, and you’ll see them right there on your left.
How about you? Do you care if your post is featured?